We believe that children need to be actively involved in their learning and see the purpose and value of their involvment. It is therefore vital that the children are encouraged to develop the desire, belief and confidence to achieve.
Our aims are for our children to:
- Achieve high academic standards by developing each child’s ability to its full potential.
- Develop independent, self-confident and self-motivated children, who are actively involved in their learning.
- Ensure children behave appropriately, show respect for others and take responsibility for their own actions.
- Give children opportunities to express and explore their imaginative and creative skills and talents.
- Promote partnership between staff, parents and children in creating a stimulating and attractive environment, which reflects high expectations.
- Develop understanding, tolerance and respect for all people, regardless of their race, class, gender or religion.
- Promote good health, hygiene and fitness for all children.
Together, the staff, children, parents and governors work to build a secure, friendly and stimulating environment in which everyone thrives.
The school actively seeks the involvement of and support from parents and organisations within the local and wider community so that the children have access to a broad range of learning experiences.
Lyndhurst Primary School is committed to an equal opportunities policy. We believe that a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, which caters for individual needs, is an entitlement for all children, regardless of their race, gender, religion or social background.