23 Mar School Closure: Please read this first
Posted at 08:40h in News and Events, Nursery, Reception, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6
We hope to make the website a virtual hub whilst the school is closed.
Please find below a list of all the pages, websites, services, activities and class learning that you can do while at home.
- Online Safety page: While children will be spending more time online, please take some time to review this page and adjust the settings on your home devices before lending them to children.
- Home Learning (found under Parents Guide): Find links to Purple Mash, Bug Club, Twinkl & BBC Bitesize, as well as a guide to logging in to Bug Club. You can use Twinkl for free for one month with this code: CVDTWINKLHELPS. You will need to create an account to log in.
- Class pages (individual year groups found under Children): Look out for your Dip & Do homework as well as weekly videos from your teachers.
- YouTube channel: Lyndhurst’s YouTube channel has a Story Corner playlist, a list of recommendations from our Dyslexia Centre, videos and guides for parents, and soon a knitting playlist!
- LDC/EAL: please visit the corresponding Lyndhurst Dyslexia Centre page and EAL (English as a Second Language) page to find more videos and home learning for specific children.
- Teacher’s storytelling videos: Uploaded every Friday at 9:00. To comply with copyright policies some videos will be set to unlisted, so they will not show up on Lyndhurst’s YouTube channel, only on the relevant year group page.
- Literacy: The National Literacy Trust has set up Family Zone for parents and children to access literacy resources including author reads. Visit our Library Project page to find more useful links.
- PE: Exercise and movement are crucial to children’s (and our) wellbeing. Joe Wicks (The Body Coach) is going to be doing a live workout on his YouTube channel, which is designed for children. It will be on Monday – Friday at 9:00. Cosmic Yoga’s YouTube channel will have videos so children can practice at home.
- Grove FM: We are still working out details on how to continue our broadcasts at home. In the meantime, you are all invited to join this call by Pinneaple Street Studios to record yourselves for a global podcast.